April 7, 2021 will be the 11th Annual One Day Without Shoes event held by Cornhusker Bank. Cornhusker Bank recognized the needs in our community for those with inadequate footwear and partnered with People’s City Mission to help address those needs.
How can you be involved?
- Sign up to have a collection receptacle delivered to your organization for collection or you can pick up your receptacle from the People’s City Mission Help Center.
- Join us for a press conference and live radio remote at Cornhusker Bank on 8310 O St at 11:15 a.m. on Wednesday, April 7th, a walk at 11:30 a.m. from the Cornhusker Bank Center on 84th and O to the People’s City Mission Help Center on 68th and P to help raise awareness of the need for shoes in our community, and a free lunch. All partners in attendance on April 7th will be recognized at the press conference.
- You and your team can go shoeless with us to help raise awareness of this event and the importance of adequate footwear.
- Drop off new or wearable used footwear at any Cornhusker Bank or partner location. Collection dates are April 5-17.
- Sell paper “feet”, for a donation, at your organization during the shoe drive. We can provide you with the paper feet to offer your staff/customers. You can determine how much you want to have individuals donate for the feet and display at your location. All donations for the “feet” will be given to the People’s City Mission at the end of the shoe drive.
To learn more, and to see of list of drop-off locations, please visit https://www.cornhuskerbank.com/Day-Without-Shoes.aspx