Nine people were killed in traffic accidents on Nebraska roads during the month of December, 2020.
- These 9 fatalities occurred in 6 fatal crashes.
- Four of the nine vehicle occupants killed were not using seatbelts, four were using seatbelts, and one had
seatbelt usage marked as unknown.
- 7 of the fatalities were in rural locations*.
- There were five fatalities on the interstate, one on other highways, and three on local roads.
- Icy roads were a contributing factor in one of the fatality crashes resulting in three fatalities.
- One of the fatalities was age 15 & younger.
COMPARISON WITH PREVIOUS YEARS
|JANUARY – DECEMBER||FATALITIES||FATAL CRASHES||% CHANGE v. 2020
- There were 21 fatalities in December of 2019.
- Only 36 of the 175 vehicle occupants killed during 2020 were using seatbelts.