The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) announced Thursday one more resident has died from COVID-19. The death was a man in his 50s who was hospitalized. The total number of deaths in Lancaster County is now 178.
LLCHD reports 177 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Lancaster County today, bringing the community total to 24,882.
Visit lincoln.ne.gov/COVID19dashboard access a dashboard that summarizes Lancaster County COVID-19 data. LLCHD also released the following information today:
Recoveries: up from 8,326 to 8,464
Weekly positivity rate:
- January 3 through 9: 28.9 percent
- January 10 through 14: not available
Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 101 with 66 from Lancaster County (four on ventilators) and 35 from other communities (five on ventilators).
The COVID-19 Risk Dial is in the red position indicating a severe risk of the virus spreading. Residents are advised to follow these recommendations to protect themselves and others:
- Stay at home unless traveling for work, school, food or medical care or to check on others who may need assistance.
- Work from home if possible.
- Wear a face mask when interacting with anyone outside of your household.
- Stay at least six feet away from anyone outside of your household.
- Avoid gatherings.
- Visit RecoverLNK.com for information on how local businesses are taking precautions to protect employees and customers.
- Follow travel guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control at cdc.gov.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, shortness of breath, repeated shaking with chills, repeated muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell. If you have symptoms, please get tested. Testing is now open to all Lancaster County residents by appointment only.
- Bryan Health: Former Graham Tire Store, northeast corner of 19th and “O” streets. Tests are conducted from 8:45 to 11:15 a.m. Monday and 8:45 to 11:45 a.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
- CHI Health St. Elizabeth: Autumn Ridge Family Medicine, 5000 North 26th St. and Southwest Family Health, 1240 Aries Drive. Call either site to schedule an appointment: Autumn Ridge, 402-435-5300 and South West Family, 402-420-1300.
- Test Nebraska: Gateway Mall, 6100 “O” St., north parking lot of the former Sears store. Tests are conducted from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. For more information, call 402-207-9377.
For more information, visit COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov or call the Health Department hotline at 402-441-8006.
Source: Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department News Release