21 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 were reported in Lancaster County today (Saturday, Aug 8, 2020) bringing the community total to 3,287. The number of deaths in the community remains at 17.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, shortness of breath, repeated shaking with chills, repeated muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell. If you have symptoms, please get tested. Testing is now open to all Lancaster County residents by appointment only.
- Bryan Health: LifePointe, 7501 S. 27th St.
- CHI Health St. Elizabeth: Gateway Mall, 6100 “O” St., northwest corner of the mall.
- Test Nebraska: Gateway Mall, northwest corner of the mall. Test Nebraska appointment times are until 6 p.m. today.
The COVID-19 Risk Dial is in Orange, indicating a high risk of the virus spreading in the community. Residents are advised to follow these recommendations to protect themselves and others:
- Stay home if possible.
- Stay at least six feet away from others.
- Wear face coverings.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Those at risk of complications from COVID-19 should continue to minimize close contact with others.
For more information, visit COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov or call the Health Department hotline at 402-441-8006.
Source: City of Lincoln News Release