Here is your one-stop location for severe weather information and safety tips. Bookmark this page and you can follow along with 1400 KLIN coverage of severe weather all spring and summer long.
Remember, when the skies turn dark and severe weather is approaching, tune to Lincoln's Only News & Talk, 1400 KLIN. During tornado warnings for Lincoln/Lancaster County, it is our policy to interrupt programming on all Broadcast House radio stations. Our coverage is simulcast on B107.3 FM, Froggy 98.1 FM, 105.3 WOW-FM and Red 94.5.
If you have reports of downed power lines, please call Lincoln Electric System at 1-888-365-2412.
If you smell natural gas, call Aquila at 1-800-303-0357.
Downed trees or tree limbs causing damage or safety concerns, call police at 441-6000. (City forestry can handle calls during normal weekday business hours at 441-7025.)
- National Weather Service Radar (Valley, NE) Official weather radar from the National Weather Service. Good for long range scans as well as estimate rain totals.
- Lincoln NEXRAD Weather Radar This detailed radar shows storm tracks, information on cloud tops, hail probability and more. Plus you can customize it to zoom in and out to see where the storm will hit.
- Current Conditions Real-time current conditions from KLIN's Official Weather Station atop our facilities at 44th and O.
- Dr. Ken Dewey's UNL Weather Page Love weather? You will be overwhelmed by the amount of weather information available here. And the best news is that most of it refers to Nebraska. Stats, historical data, photos, forecasts and more.
- Severe Weather Forecasts The latest severe weather forecasts from the Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Oklahoma including mesoscale discussions, convective outlooks and current watches and warnings across the nation. A great page to start the day and know if severe weather is in our future.
- Tornado Myths Stay safe with the facts and debunk the myths of tornadoes and dangerous spring/summer storms with this list of myths from the National Weather Service.
- Tornado Safety Help develop a safety plan for your family with the information available here from The Tornado Project. There is also good tips for when you are caught in the storm away from home.